Sparklejollytwinklejingley

Greetings Families! Phew! Last week was a whirlwind of activity. The kids ran the holiday store, helping all the younger students pick out gifts for their families. I am always impressed with how kind and calm the middle schoolers are when assisting the little ones!

We also spent a good amount of time practicing their performance last Thursday night. While I know it was a little hard to hear their words over the drums, standing up in front of a huge crowd was nerve-wracking for a few of them, and they soldiered through with grace!

While there wasn’t too much time for serious work last week, we limited the jobs to the necessities. For the last couple of weeks, the students have been focused on reviewing grammar. They write sentences for each of their 20 vocab words and then label the parts of speech. While we may not find ourselves naming the parts of speech in everyday life, having this information at one’s fingertips is important when learning how to write, and manipulate sentence structure. This process has been excellent to watch. They are supporting each other and discussing the questions they have. It is excellent to see them engage in group work in a meaningful way. I have seen a definite improvement since we began.

Have a wonderful week! I know the class is excited that break is quickly arriving!

This entry was posted on December 12, 2022. Bookmark the permalink.